Sunday, November 1, 2009

Activism and Travel

Lately I find my focus on how climate change, social justice and access to public lands influence one another. I previously mentioned the conflict with community property rights and large corporate resort development in Albania. In the Western U.S., recreation, extraction and bigbox suburban development overlap, creating a rift in who ultimately controls access and the sustainability around each stakeholder.

I created an activism tag on my Delicious page with the Winter Wildlands Alliance and Outdoor Alliance as the two latest sites I found working on these issues.  These sites deal with policy, management, and access in the Western US. Please check them out if you enjoy playing in the outdoors.

2 comments:

  1. Activism and travel, nice thoughts. Just what I love, people from out of town come in and tell me how to run things. Hard to pass up that mentality.

    Can you link your delicious into there as well. Might be a great tool for you to pass on to your clients, perhaps a business delicious for places to go and tools for planning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Just what I love, people from out of town come in and tell me how to run things. Hard to pass up that mentality.'

    Exactly;) I will look for the delicious gadget, I was not aware of one, thx!

    ReplyDelete